With the commission model changes slated for the beginning of May, Spreadshirt Shop Partners will experience much greater Shop flexibility, a significant decrease in administrative work and new ways to earn on the global market. We are pleased to announce phase one of the commission model change: the Affiliate Commission.
The most important information at a glance:
- With every sale, the Affiliate Commission pays you 20% of the sum of product type price and print price.
- The new Affiliate Commission will replace the previously-used Shop Product Mark-up.
- Design price will not be affected by this change.
- This change only applies to the Shop Product Mark-up of our Shop partners.
- You have the option to choose between an Affiliate Commission of either 20% or 0%. You can change this option at any time.
The implementation of the new commission model will take place at the beginning of May. You will be notified before your Shop is switched to the new model.
The following info graphic illustrates the changes by means of an example:
Important: The change in commission model will come with a new pricing structure. What used to be a mark-up on Shop articles will become a commission percentage payment based on the combined product and print price. Adjusting our prices will increase your commission earnings.
Together with the Affiliate Commission, we will be introducing a sales performance-based Volume Commission where you can earn up to an extra 40% of the product type price + print price (excluding taxes and discounts). We will inform you in the next few weeks about the details of the Volume Commission and of upcoming improvements in payout frequency.
What you should consider through the transition
- You do not need to do anything leading up to or during the commission changeover, but you are welcome to adjust your design price, thereby changing the final purchase price for your customers.
- If you haven’t set a design price up to this point and have earned entirely from Shop Product Mark-up, you may experience a slight loss in earnings at first. Should this be the case, we recommend adjusting the design price.
- All final sales prices will end in .99 or .49 in the future, regardless of the settings you make. Customers find this pricing structure more attractive, and you won’t need to make any further adjustments.
These are the most important aspects of the Affiliate Commission. You can get even more detailed background information and a thorough explanation in our interview with Product Owner Robert Schulz.
An Affiliate Commission calculation tool has been developed to give you a hands-on way to see how the new structure will affect your product prices and income. Try the commission calculator now!
We hope this post has given you a good overview of the upcoming changes to the Shop Product Mark-up. Have any questions? Leave a comment below!