Adding Sub Categories

Hello,

i am sorry if anyone already wrote something about that… i am searching for an option to create Sub Categories.

I have the Spreadshirt Shop integrated in my Website. That works pretty fine so far.

But i am offering my designs on more than just the regular shirts and thats a big issue.

If people search for the category T-Shirts they will always find all the T-Shirts and basically every design will show up 4 times… its really annoying for possible customers and some alreay mentioned that.

Can i create Sub Categories? For Example

Sub Category1: T-Shirts
Sub Category2: V-Neck Shirts
Sub Category3: Bio T-Shirts

Hopefully i made myself clear.

Thank you

Can you post a link? Also, have you thought of choosing the Design Display: Design Display or Product Display: Which is Best? - The Spreadshop Blog ? This might be already a simple solution.

There’s at least no way to create subcategories within the Spreadshop Settings. Maybe fellow Forum users have ideas when it comes to Wordpress :slight_smile:

I dont wanna post an link to my shop - sorry. I tried to find an option to send it privately to you… but that seems not to be an option?

Unbenannt

here you can see my Menu. I have the same Menu on top of my website. So changing everything to the design view is not an option at all… despite the fact that it looks horrible. The Products of spreadshirt look really good the way they are… there is no need to destroy that with the horrible design view. :frowning:

Is it just me who would love to seperate the shirts? You offer so many different shirts… if someone offers them all its becoming a mess pretty easy… also someone who looks for V-Neck Shirts might not look for a regular shirt…

there is a way to get all the premium shirts by using this link: männer+t-shirts?q=Premium

Is there no way to do the same with V-Neck? Tank Tops are basically T-Shirts but also have their own category… why not V-Neck, Premium Shirts and so on?

There’s only a way to filter by categories and not by men’s premium t-shirts.
So there’s also no way to filter all the men’s V-neck shirts.
We cannot filter based on the product type. We are however looking into this but at the moment I cannot say if or when this is coming.

Hi Lena,

any news here maybe?

No, nothing that will happen in the next three months. Maybe afterwards… the request is in and currently being investigated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay cool, thanks for the info :wink:

1 Like

I would really like this function too, looking for a way to sort shirts like “urban longshirt” because that’s a specific group of customers.

Unfortunately this doesn’t have a high priority on our list right now. It is an officail feature request that hopefully will be worked on eventually… sorry for the dissapointment :frowning:

Hi there, I was wondering if Spreadshirt might thought about that feature? 3 months have passed now…

It would be really helpful.

Thank you and best regards

It’s nothing that will happen in the coming year. For now other features have a higher priority. Thanks for your patience.

Okay, too bad. Would it be a really great feature…since it’s Chaos now with all the different shirts…and the design view is really horrible unfortunately :frowning:

@Lena_Test_Spread_Group It’s almost a year later and I really need to be able to filter on product type. For example, I want to show all the quick-drying/functional shirts. Is there any way to do this yet? Thanks, Inge

@Britta_Spreadshop any news on this feature? I really need to be able to filter by product type instead of categories with multiple products like mugs, bottles and enamel mugs. I just want to show one of those. Or in sports category I need to show quick drying shirts only.

Hi @studiopico,
we have discussed this topic and an adjustment like that would lead to a major shop reevaluation. So we have to zoom out a little and see the big picture here. All I can do at the moment is ask you for patience. We are aware of your wishes and look for ways to make them happen.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.