Adobe Illustrator png blurred

Hello everyone.
I I created collage in adobe illustrator (so I have raster and vector). I don’t usually have a problem with printing, but it seems that my images look a bit blurry in the shop. I exported png to 300 dpi, source files 500px x 500px. I can’t tell if it’s just a video display problem or if there’s some other problem.

This is the shop: https://shop.spreadshirt.it/nikephoros/

Any suggestion?

The pixel size of 500 x 500 px is way too low. Give your Illustrator file a size of 4000 x 4000 px (that’s SPRD’s recommendation for shirts, hoodies etc.) and make sure your raster images are large enough pixel-wise to fill their spaces with 300 dpi.

(If your design had vectors only, you could try to export it with 2400 dpi, which should also result in a ~4000 x 4000 px PNG. But this won’t work with raster images in low resolutions.)

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
My design has raster and vector graphic.

I try to upload 4000x4000px but it seems too high!

Could you please describe the problem “seems too high” in detail? Do you get errors during the upload?

Yes, I I made a mistake: I tried to upload a 10000 px image not 4000px :sweat_smile:

So Now I can upload the 4000x4000px i’m exporting file.

Since you’re very kind, I’d like to ask you a question.
This is my firs design:

Orange elements are vectors the woman is a photo 2304x3456px

This is my second graphic design:

Coral elements are vector, The child is a photo: 2500px1667px.

Now I think the photo resolution should be good for the print, would you be so kind as to confirm this?

Thank you so much.

*the resolution of photo is referred to original file resolution, then I make this collage with clippink mask in illustrator.

Great to see your problem solved. :slight_smile: I’d say that the raster image resolution should be sufficient. But perhaps someone from SPRD could join in and give a more qualified answer.

2 Likes

Thank for your patience, have a nice day

1 Like

We just checked and can confirm that all is good and the designs are ready to be printed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lena_Spreadshop , actually, I still have to change the files. One thing I don’t understand: why do you recommend exporting from ps to 200 dpi and not to 300?

Thank you