:spreadshop: Anyone using the new Instagram Shop Feauture? (EU)

Facebook has already introduced the new Commerce Manager Tool some weeks ago. The new Commerce manager includes the option to create Collections for Instagram Shops, which is a pretty neat feature.

Is anyone using that feature already? We’d like to see some examples of nicely made IG Shops.
How you are using the collections and what you are showing.

You haven’t seen seen the new features in action? Go here:

2 Likes

@Thomas_Spreadshop I would like to use it, but Facebook wants to verify the domain first. Unfortunately it’s shop.spreadshirt.de which is impossible to verify since it’s a shared domain for all shops.

1 Like

My current recommendation for EU Shops is to embedd the Shop within an own domain / website.

As FB recently made the URL verification a main requisite for using the Shopping feature in EU, we may not come up with a quickfix solution asap.

US-Shops may have the chance to already use the FB/IG internal Check-Out feature, instead.

@Thomas_Spreadshop This doesn’t solve my issue because there’s no products.rss feed in the Wordpress plugin and the feed would still point to shop.spreadshirt.de. So Facebook still wants to verify that the spreadshirt domain not our own.

I already tried to use a cronjob with curl to get a copy of the feed that’s how I know that Facebook verifies the shop domain in the feed not the feed URL itself.

When embedding your shop into your website, then the feed itself will carry the following URL structure for each product:
https://www.yourwebsite.net/shop#!/…product&appearanceIDs…

To my understanding, it is required to only verify the business domain: :point_up_2: that contains the shop on Facebook, not the spreadshop’s origin domain.
Can you try this approach and let me know?

@Thomas_Spreadshop I’m not sure if we are on the same page. Where is the location of the products.rss under my own domain with Wordpress plugin installed?

My initial process that resulted in the domain verification is based on these instructions (https://help.spreadshop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010420140-Promote-Shop-with-Product-Feed):

In the Facebook Commerce Manager I added our default Spreadshirt product feed as data source for a catalog (https://shop.spreadshirt.de/vanilla-mind/products.rss?pushState=false&targetPlatform=facebook).

This resulted in the domain verification I showed in my screenshot.

Our business domain is already verified in the Facebook “Brand Safety” section.

If I would apply my current set up to your use case, then I would go for the following solution:

1. Set up a dedicated page within your website. For example: “www.vanilla-mind.de/shop/
  2. Embed your Shop by inserting shop/ in the advanced section of the WP-Plugin.
    Plus, you will need to add the full URL in the Shop’s Admin > Advanced > Embedd Shop into Website
  3. Go to the Shop’s Product Feed Overview and copy the Feed’s URL
    (IF you activated the “Optimize URL” Feature in the WP-Plugin, please use the PushState version of the Feed., IF NOT use the Standard setting)
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-04 um 17.06.29
  4. Then head over to the FB Business Manager and if needed, delete any existing Shop settings there to make a clean start.
    Follow FB’s Steps to set up a Shop and try to verify the following domain: “www.vanilla-mind.de/shop/
    For me, it did the trick.

Meanwhile, in THIS THREAD @Fin_Buddies proposed another clever solution:

1. Set up a blank page under your domain www.exampledomain.net/catalogfeed
  2. Set a 301 Redirect from that page to your Shop’s Feed URL
  3. Verify your homepage URL at FB

Until today we received different feedback for different use cases from Shop Owners. Some say their set up works, but then suddenly it breaks.
So it is very hard to tell from our end, which version is currently the best to officially announce.
But be sure we are aware of the pain that comes with these challenges and try to find a good solution, or at least to offer our support.

(EDIT: in a former version the text said “verify that blank page URL” which was wrong. the paragraph was changed into “verify the home page url”

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Spreadshop, I think I was not precise in my other post. I did not verify the blank page Url. I just verified the home page url, that was sufficient.

important note!
i will change my comment accordingly!

Hey there, thank you for the info! I’m stuck resetting my shop info. You said
“4. Then head over to the FB Business Manager and if needed, delete any existing Shop settings there to make a clean start.”

How do I delete the existing Shop settings?

Hey Linda!
thanks for the question. Indeed, I could have specified this a bit more.

The Commerce Manager (which is a tool inside the FB Business Manager) is no longer providing an option to delete a shop. It is only allowing to hide & publish a shop.
But you can delete the data source = catalog data to make a fresh start.

Hallo,
ich würde auch gerne meinen Spreadshirt-Shop mit Instagram Shopping verbinden. Nach mehreren Versuchen bekomme ich wie “vanillamind” immer die gleiche Fehlermeldung und werde nicht verifiziert:

Ich habe den Spreadshirt-Shop in meine Webseite eingebunden und die Website-Domain verifiziert.
https://mallorca-world.de/shop/#!/
Außerdem habe ich meinen Katalog bei Facebook mit dem Spreadshirt Product Feed (Datenquellen) erstellt und den Shop auf meine Webseite weitergeleitet.

Im Forum habe ich schon mehrere Beiträge zu dem Thema gefunden mit dem selben Problem. Die vorgeschlagenen Lösungen haben bei mir leider nicht geholfen. Gibt es zu diesem Thema neue Lösungen oder hat jemand einen Vorschlag, was ich noch ausprobieren könnte.

Kannst du mal probieren, die https://mallorca-world.de zu verifizieren?
Bzw eine Neuprüfung beantragen? Bei mir hat das innerhalb von 1 Tag funktioniert.
IG hatte meinen Shop von heute auf morgen gekickt. Dann habe ich die “Manuelle Prüfung” beantragt und schwupp, lief es wieder.

Hast du auch den Trick mit dem Redirect probiert?

@Thomas_Spreadshop Bin deinen Vorschlag mit dem Redirect durchgegangen. Hab einen komplett neuen Shop im Facebook Commerce Manager angelegt mit Redirect von unserer Domain auf die Datenquelle. Es bleibt dabei, Facebook möchte für den Shop die Domain shop.spreadshirt.de verifizieren.

What are the chances of you guys becoming a commerce partner with Facebook?

We are looking into such possibilities but not much can be said at this point.

@Thomas_Spreadshop @Lena_Spreadshop Just an FYI the XML feed (Google Merchant Center version) would also be perfect for Pinterest. The XML structure is fine except … The link URL also doesn’t get accepted because it is not the verified domain but the shop.spreadshirt.de domain!

Guys, you definitely have to move to a subdomain solution fast! It’s hurting everyone’s business not being able to validate our feeds for Pinterest and Instagram shops.

1 Like

We personally, as well as the connected teams are very aware of that matter and it hurts not beeing able to solve the issue in a quick-fix. :frowning:

Switching all Shops globally to a new URL structure comes with a lot dependencies and all aspects need to be reviewed twice to not lose anyone on the way.

It will be a major impact project and we are already pointing out the urgence internally.
But solving this issue on the short run will not be possible. Most team ressources are bound to fixed and agreed projects until January. Then we can focus on an migrating solution.

Until then I can only advise to use marketing methods that worked until the improved IG Shops were launched this year:

• send visitors to your profil bio
  • have a dedicated link tree in place

Hi Thomas, we are using the new features already, you can have an impression on our Insta

https://www.instagram.com/for.ages.4HS/

2 Likes

Hi!

Any news about facebook business issue???