Directing customers to EU vs USA shops

I’m looking for advice from those of you that use SS on your OWN domain (embedded SS) and ALSO have BOTH an EU and a USA shop. How do you redirect customers to the correct shop or is this handled automatically via the SS plugin?

I’m currently on the EU platform with all languages and currencies enabled. I have put off opening another shop on the USA platform simply due to the time it take to re-upload everything and set up all my templates all over gain - not a massive issue I know, I just wish SS made it easier.

When I visit Spreadshirt USA (marketplace) it automatically asks me if I want to continue on the USA site or if I want to switch to the .co.uk site - I’m assuming this is done via geographic targetting on their side.

But I’ve not seen anyone doing this on an embedded shop as yet.

What I’m struggling with is actually which the best platform to direct customers from various locations to - for example, are customers from Thailand (I have some) best served by the EU or the USA platform in terms of delivery fees and product prices? What about UAE, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa?

I’m assuming South America, Canada and USA are all best served by the USA platform?

Ideally I’d prefer not to simply put a link in the footer to the USA store and am looking for a way to serve the customers the right store when they land on the page.

Final question - how do you handle product links on social media? I’m using Wordpress with the official the SS plugin on a dot com domain. When I post on social media, I normally link to the “topic” or to the “design” as opposed to linking directly to the product - but if I now open a store on the USA platform, how will the links behave? If I’m copying the links off my EU pages, what will a visitor from the USA see when they click on the link?

Any advice or help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Is there anyone that currently does this? Any suggestions how it’s best done?

All help greatly appreciated :pray:

Let me check with our developers what they would suggest btu it might take some days until you receive a reply. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

No rush @Lena_Spreadshop - I appreciate any suggestions :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.