Facebook pixel viewContent issue

Hi,

I’ve been looking at the Facebook pixel implementation and I think there is an issue that needs to be addressed. A lot of viewContent events are invalid. All goes well on the product page, but when for instance a collection page, or other list page, is visited it goes wrong.

The content_ids parameter which is sent with the viewContent event should hold only valid product id’s, as it does on the product page.
As it is now, for list pages like collection or idea, it holds the path of the page instead of the product id’s of the products listed on that page.

Could you look into this please?

Thanks for reporting and the valid problem description.
We are relying on hints like that.
I will hand this over to our developers but I cannot promise any update here soonish.
We´re awaiting some major releases and it’s holiday season too.

But I will add it to the To-Do List :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, just visit this page: https://www.tekenaartje.nl/wielrennen+en+mtb?collection=yTewqAiQwD with the Facebook pixel helper extension installed.

Aantekening 2020-08-26 174211

I need to discuss this with the developers.
From what I see here, the content type of a listpage / department page is definded as “product_group”
and then the ID is named after the department URL path : /women+t-shirts?q=P30

I need to get their input if that is the actual supported format or what would be the expected entry.

Content ID on List Page

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

You’re right. These pages are defined as product_group. In that case the content_ids can either be an array of product id’s in that group, or the id of the group.
That group id has to correspond with the group id of a Facebook catalog. That Facebook catalog is fed by the Spreadshop productfeed.

So, the group id in the Spreadshop feed should correspond with the group id in the viewContent event. As it is now, it doesn’t.
Alternatively, the content_ids field should hold the product_ids of the products present in the list.

for reference:

1 Like

I need to wait for the dev person that is responsible for both integrations at our team.
To me this absolutely makes sense, and I wasn’t aware of the issue up to now.

I need to see if this was implemented by accident or if there have been other arguments taken into consideration.
I´ll keep you updated!

1 Like

Small addition to a problem we have encountered:
There is a lot of shops that have the following design overview page. And this page does not contain sellables (products) at all. like. https://www.tekenaartje.nl/all

we need to check for solutions here.

That one is simple. If a page doesn’t contain products, the viewContent event shouldn’t be triggered. It’s just a pageView.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Spreadshop, any progress on this topic?

Today a fix went life based on your idea.
Before: The ViewContent Event in list pages was sending the URL path of the page inside the content_id parameter. The content_name parameter carried falsely the shop name.

Now: The content_id parameter is left empty when a design list page is loaded. The content_name parameter now carries design names.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 14.42.50

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.