Frustrated - no sales

I am getting frustrated. Does anyone actually sell anything on here? Do you sell on just s stand alone Spreadshop store? If so how do you get customers. I put the link and posted pictures on Twitter…no response. For the life of me I can’t figure out the FB market/business area or Instagram (I think you need advanced degrees to use any of those platforms.

Right now I’m setting up this store for my boss but I loved the concept so much that I thought I would set one up for myself after the new year. However, if it is this complicated without results I may just not even try.

Can someone help? Please. Thank you.

Anna

Hi Anna,

In order for your shop to be succesful you need to get customers into your shop. Think about who you are targeting, what kind of ads you are investing in, how you choose the people you want to target, where you want to advertise, etc etc. A good start can be our selling guide: Selling Guide - The Spreadshop Blog
Posting a link on social media and expecting all these people to buy your clothes won’t do it. You really need to think about HOW you want to market your shop and also invest a little into getting people into your shop. Unless you of course already have a massive amount of followers who are all eagerly waiting for merch :slight_smile: Sales won’t happen over night, one needs to put in some effort!

Hello Sir/Mam,
I have no sales in my shop. I had already uploaded feed in my Google Merchant Center account but no sales.

My shop link :point_right: https://shop.spreadshirt. com/jaiswal-international-shop

That is the difference between Spreadshop and Marketplace.

Marketplace: Lower commission but Spreadshirt is doing advertising etc. go get Traffic
Shop: Higher commission but you have to generate the Traffic yourself. I don’t know the exact rate but if 1000 people visit a Shop, maybe less than 10 buy something. Keep that in Mind.

3 Likes

Please read my comment above!

Hi Lena,

I’m not sure exactly how helpful your response was. I understand it takes some effort and work, My issue is how do I even let people know about my shop let alone get them in to purchase anything. I have read the selling guide blogs but there are so many of them it is overwhelming, On your spreadshirt site under Marketing and under Product Feed there is a link we are supposed to use in Facebook Business Manager but I’m not sure where to insert that. I have spent days trying to figure this out but am getting frustrated by the minute, BTW, I know my target audience. They are Trump supporters and considering that over 75 million people voted for him in this last election I should have no problem even reaching 1% of those people, :slightly_smiling_face:

This post may help you with Facebook Business Manager

I think facebook recently changed a lot of things around the business manager, this may be why the documentation found around the internet are not up to date.

What I think @User_NA-6e54647f has to look for is the new Facebook Shop feature.
I don’t have it entirely figured out for myself yet but I was able to add products to my Facebook and Instagram Shop so I think this is the route because after that you can tag products in every single post you make on FB and IG

considering that over 75 million people voted for him in this last election I should have no problem even reaching 1% of those people

@User_NA-6e54647f: You are right 1% of 75million should generate a few nice sales. But, I didn’t do any market research on your topic, I can imagine that the niche you’ve chosen has a lot of competitors and a lot of competitors with a very big marketing budget.

This is what I was about to say. This “niche” isn’t very much a niche. There are thousands of merch suppliers offering Trump Merch. Running ads will therefore be expensive and not guaranteed to bring results. You always want to find that sweet spot with a niche where there’s interest in a topic and not many providers offering merch on that topic. I wouldn’t say this is the case with Trump merch :slight_smile:

While I understand your frustration in regards to online marketing (because who are we kidding, this sort of stuff is tricky, doesn’t get tought over night and people spend year studying it), Spreadshop offers you a free front and back-end solution. When it comes to all your marketing efforts this isn’t really our responsibility. Now of course we’d like to support where we can so if you have a very specific question then we can look into it. If it’s just a general “how do i market my shop” then (besides plenty of literature we provide) this lies within your responsibility. I hope you can understand that :slight_smile:

Thank you Lena. I know the Trump merchandise will have lots of competitors. Believe it or not I actually hope so … I support him so the more Trump supporters out there the better. I don’t expect to actually get 1% of those that voted for him to purchase these items, but I have to try somewhere. This is more of a way to get the word out that we support him…

Your site has inspired me though so after the first of the year I may create my own store. I just have to figure out what would be a good niche. I will have more time to read through a lot of the articles to figure things out too. However, if you have any ideas on how I can start let me know. I’m not embarrassed to ask :smile:

Let me ask one specific question for you though. Do people sell directly from Smartshirt or Smartshop without posting on a seperate website, or social media platform. If so then we would have to ender code to get google to rank our store properly. I think. If people sell directly from the spreadshirt or spreadshop stores, are they successful. (I guess this is more than one question but all of the general topic). Thanks for your suggestions/help/etc.

Thank you so much Salama. This is exactly what I needed to know. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but I will soon. Thank you and have a wonderful day, :smiley:

I really disappointed :frowning: because of no sales in my shop.
My shop id is- 100820813

see this similar thread:
https://forum.spreadshop.support/t/frustrated-no-sales/10096

Hello Anna,
the customers have to find your shop first. Only then can these customers only buy. That means you have to do your own marketing. You can do this with Facebook and Instagram, if you connect your shop to the Facebook shop or reach them via various other portals. Profit is only possible with investment.
Use the discount offers to start campaigns. I spend an average of € 10 on this. Best regards from Bavaria

2 Likes

Yes, of course, you can also sell directly in the shop regardless of social media! You should only make the shop known to your target group, that is what can be the most difficult and takes work / time. You just can’t rely on Google Ranking.

build a trump website or blog and integrate your shop. If your website gets in a good ranking at some point, the shop will also work.

But Trump is voted out, his power is dwindling :wink:

1 Like

In welchem Zeitraum denn?
In what period?

Ich habe dieses Jahr kein Geld in facebook-Ads investiert, bloß am Ende des Jahres 15 Euro für eine kleine Kampagne (insta, fb, messen. etc). Für 24 Stunden. Hatte fast 943 Einblendungen auf Kanälen (Reichweite), 24 Produktaufrufe, 4 Linklicks, keine Verkäufe.
Es war eher ein Test, und hat mich wiedermal bestätigt, dass facebook&Co nicht viel bringt. Ok, manche erhöhen das Budget immens, aber das ist es mir nicht wert, wenn dann kein Plus herauskommt.

Andererseits: es ist Monatsende, Geldbörsen leer, Weihnachten vorbei

:uk:
I didn’t invest any money in facebook ads this year, just 15 euros at the end of the year for a small campaign (insta, fb, measure. Etc). For 24 hours. Had almost 943 impressions on channels (range), and 4 linklicks, no sales.
It was more of a test, and once again confirmed to me that facebook & Co are not doing much. Ok, some increase the budget immensely, but it’s not worth it to me if there is no plus.

well selling shirts is not easy. After couple of months, design testing, social media , I finally got 2 actual sales. But yeah its harder than you think.

exactly :upside_down_face:

And it’s only up to you what you make of it!

Spreadshirt “only” provides the shop and printing - and that’s good.

1 Like

Call me old-fashioned, but when did “Hey, look at my designs, how can I do better” become “WTF, I don’t sell do something about it”?

1 Like

I actually had 1 sale (3 products) yesterday because I social media about the last day 21% discount. To make a point, it’s not field of dreams : when you build it they will come :slight_smile:

1 Like