I want to share a preview of shop without activating it

I am working with a team of people, getting ready to launch a Spreadshop of apparel for our local elementary school.

Is there any way I can show the other team members the shop—let them browse, see the designs and shirts, etc—without activating it. Essentially I want to share a preview with them.

1 Like

This isn’t possible I’m afraid. This is only possible once launched.

OK, follow up.

I could get around this by launching “quietly” without telling the general public so the other team members could review the site. But doing so starts the clock on the 15% discount which only lasts for two weeks.

Is there a way we could arrange for the discount window to be postponed, and have it not start until our “official” launch date?

Moving the shop launch promo is currently not supported, but we will keep this as an idea.
Meanwhile, if you simply want to share the shop’s preview with your team members, you can easily create a short walkthrough from your shop admin/preview via https://www.loom.com/

Thanks Thomas.
The issue is: I want them to use the site themselves and provide feedback to me on ease of use, design choices, etc. They need to be able to navigate on their own time.
Showing them a video (or screensharing through a Zoom call) would be helpful, but limited—by definition I would be leading them through it, and I can’t anticipate the things they would have spotted if I weren’t “steering” and they really had unstructured time to mess around with it.
I get that you all are targeted towards the solo entrepreneur, but you could also be an excellent solution for small organizations (such as elementary and secondary schools) if you provided some functionality in this arena. We will be launching to a captive audience of about 2500-3000 people (parents plus students) many of whom will want to buy merch out of the gate. Having to launch the shop solo, without a few other sets of eyes taking a tour of the final product, is a pretty big ask in our case. We have a reputation in the community and need to ensure that the launch won’t damage it.

It seems to me that you could improve this by

1. offering a “team members” function (say, two other logins with some of their access limited);
  2. offering a preview link that can be sent which allows visuals of the site without purchasing capability; or
  3. the simple ability to postpone that 15% discount (by a week, triggered by first sale, etc.)

Of the three, I expect the third would be easiest.
Thanks for your consideration.

Ah, I understand and it definately makes sense for that kind of usecase. It is also a valid argument. Not to be mistaken!

As I cannot offer you a fast change of the current feature setting, here´s another idea:
You may open a second “pre-launch” shop that is identic to the one you are going to use when everything is set.
This one can be easily switched on and off, to test settings or to share it with your team.
That is also how we proceed when working together with bigger partners that want to know how shops behave or could be styled.
So in the end, you´ll have a “testballoon” to play around.

Fantastic idea!
Is there a “duplicate shop” function though? Otherwise, any changes we make would have to be replicated by hand.
Ideally, I would rename my current shop to something like “BETA TEST Shop” and then when everything is the way we want it to be, copy the entire thing to a new shop with the correct name and then launch.

1 Like

unfortunately not, since that is probably not a “frequently asked feature” :wink:
The majority of shop owners would probably not try to set up two identical shops, so you will need to spent some time in playing around getting to know your Shop’ admin
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is a feature I would like as well!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.