Important! New Shop Commission Model

This ”update” really sucks! You are stealing from our commission by increasing the prices and lower our margin. On most common products like t-shirts and hoodies we have to raise our prices 20-30% if we want to keep the same profit as we got today.

And with the campaigns we shall now pay half of the discounts with our already decreased profit. This is bad. I thought that discontinue flex print was your worst idea ever - you beat that big time with this commission model.

4 Likes

To all shop owners

I made this sheet so you don’t have to. All you have to do is make a copy, then set your design price and your quantity of sales per month.

You will be able to see in the overview what would be your old retail price versus what should be your new retail price to get exactly the same revenue as you used to. Of course you’d have to round up these numbers so it doesn’t look insane but if gives a good idea of the minimum you need to add to break even.

This commission model is terrible.

ADMIN EDIT: Hi there, the calculations in the table you shared are wrong, we’ve therfore removed it in order to avoid any more confusion. When calculating the new margin you would also need to assume that the new and old price for the customer are the same. Otherwise you compare apples with oranges (column K vs. column P). We’re happy to see that you’re sharing your work with fellow shop owners but we don’t want people adapting their prices based on wrong calculations. I hope you understand. Thanks!

1 Like

The calculations are not wrong. I did compare keeping the new and old retail price as the same. But as you saw in the sheet, you would lose 10-20% profit. So I made other columns with the updated the retail price to compare what it should be to be able to keep the same amount of profit. Which gives an average augmentation of 10% of retail price for all products combined with some going upwards 20-30% retail price augmentation.

You removed it because it makes spreadshirt look bad.

It’s not comparing apples and oranges. It’s comparing what money shop owners are making now versus what they will make in the future which is -20% less if they don’t up their retail prices.

3 Likes

Please can I get an answer to this as trying to figure out what you would pay me in £ from €.

No, you are mistaken - your file was based on wrong assumptions. We’re working on a updated file that will let you calculate your prices. Ideally we’ll have it ready by this week :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

If you opened your account on co.uk then you will be paid in £!

Also we use curreny conversion rates of the ECB (European Central Bank).

The reason I wanted to make sure is because when I originally tried to display prices in Euros via the locale setting, the Euro prices were terrible. For example £17 on Euros should have been about €20 but it was coming out at €22 and you explained that this was due to you setting conversion rates a while ago.

So can you just clarify, if we set up a Euro store in our .co.uk account then you will convert our payments using a live conversion rate based on whatever the current rate is?

If we were to use a separate account set up as say a .net account and charge and receive in Euros we would receive our payment in Euros, then PayPal would do the conversion?

Just trying to work out which is a better rate, perhaps you can tell me as of today what the € to £ rate would be?

No, currently the conversion rate is caclulated only when there’s a new release within the statistic page of the partner area (so approx. once a month). We’re working on having this changed to a daily calculation with the daily rates of the ECB. We’re expected to have this change live in the next two months.

Indeed. For example an Irish account (.ie).

Can you tell me if there is any way to export the designs/products from one account to another as setting up a new account means EVERY product needs to be recreated and obviously sizing them per product and creating product selections is a big task.

Is there any way this can be done at your end by us supplying the details of the two accounts so you can maybe in the back end simply copy the template data?

There isn’t any automatic way. I’m afraid. We also don’t recomment having several accounts as a shop owner since this makes it harder to profit from the performance bonus :slight_smile: If the only reason you want to open another account is due to currency we very much suggest you keep your current account. As I already said the way currencies are calculated is being reworked.

Comparing before profit vs after profit is not “assumptions”. I am curious what sort of calculations Spreadshirt will come up with to try to make this new model look good.

1 Like

Here’s the file for USD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-qS5HkdAFxi9-KN7IftnhaziAjv6Vhp_

Let me know if it works for you and if you need it for other currencies!

I think this is great! But it would be even better if you could have a second price or discount% under a personal promo code. of course it would come off your own earnings. If you have someone promoting your clothes they usually want to offer a promo code. Just saying…

Hi @Tomppa78 you mean you don’t want your own promotions but also actually an own promotion code (which we currently don’t have)?

Yes i would like to make my own discount codes.

This won’t be possible I’m afraid. In order to have you decide in a flexible way on the start date of your promotion we do not have any promotion codes any longer. These won’t come back anytime soon either. The way your customers apply a promotion is in cliking on “Redeem” in the shop header.

Hi Lena,

Is it possible to get this spreadsheet in SEK?

/Peter

Of course… here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_CM1pkfDPDDf_FT5Z_ClWxabCaER0lK2

Performance Bonus
If I buy 300 men’s t shirt Are all products moved to tier 2 or only this product? @Lena_Spreadshop

All products that are part of the performance bonus! :slight_smile:

An example at the bottom of the FAQ page here explains it as well: