NEW: Stickers GLOBALLY (YEAY)

Original Blog Post: NEW: Stickers - The Spreadshop Blog

Raise the roof, stickers are in the house! Now that stickers are available in our product range, you can start dreaming up new designs and marketing campaigns.

You’ve waited long enough, we’ve finally got stickers for your Shop! Your customers can stick them on school supplies, phone cases, water bottles, laptops… The opportunities are endless. In addition to creating fun and funky designs, you can design stickers with your Shop logo and sell them. It’s a double whammy, free promotion for your Shop and happy customers.

Curious about how stickers are made? Check out our new sticker video!

Are you ready to start promoting stickers? Take advantage of the upcoming promo opportunities and give your customers a sweet discount.

Stickers (EU ID 1459)

• Material: 100 µm PVC film
  • Available color: matte white
  • Sticker with 2-4 mm contour cut, easily removable
  • Durable and weatherproof

Print & Price

• Print type: Eco-solvent
  • Accepted file types: Pixel & vector graphics
  • Not suitable for white designs
  • Print area: 10 x 10 cm / 4" x 4" (for square designs), max 10 cm / 4" on the longest side (for non-square patterns)
  • Prices vary for the UK and Ireland

Currently, the white matte sticker is the only sticker style available. Over the next six weeks, we’ll be adding glossy white stickers and glossy transparent. The other styles will be automatically added for your customers, just like new colours.

Important details when creating designs for stickers

For pixel graphics on stickers, you need to remove unwanted and annoying backgrounds (i.e., don’t just make them “invisible” by making the background white). Our high-tech printers recognize every element in your design file, and they’ll cut this shape into a 10 x 10 cm / 4" x 4" square. To make sure nothing goes wrong when printing designs, stickers won’t be available in the design tool.

Do you have questions about stickers or file creation? Ask here in the comments or discuss with other Shop owners in the forum!

Can you expand on that? How fade proof are they when exposed to lots of sunlight outside? Can you use them outside, in particular on cars?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

You can use them on cars but they won’t last forever. It’s hard to test these things but we’re trying :slight_smile: So no super clear answer right now I’m afraid.

fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me. Will take a look when I get mine early next week (shipped today)

1 Like

I’ve created the sticker product and added to my shop to sell. I ordered some to test.
Today I recieved the stickers and I was dissapointed with the quality.

My design is uploaded as svg. But when I look at the stickers, I see artifacts (not sharp) in the lines. This is something I cannot sell to my customers.

My product is : https://shop.spreadshirt.nl/rollerskate/stickers+jam+skater+-+black?idea=5f2574a222250911103e141b&q=D23

Anybody have the same result?

Tried to take a detailed shot of the sticker:

is there any specific date you have for NA stickers?

@Lena_Spreadshop any news about the sticker not sharp even if the design is vector (svg)?

Beginning of October. No exact date yet :slight_smile:

Will get back to you about that later today. Just gathering some feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

General Info: The glossy foil has now been activated for EU only (for now - US, Canada and Australia will follow mid-October) :slight_smile:

Stickers are now available GLOBALLY! :dancer: :clinking_glasses:

What exactly does this mean?

For pixel graphics on stickers, you need to remove unwanted and annoying backgrounds (i.e., don’t just make them “invisible” by making the background white or transparent).

Hi @1600.io welcome to our forum. I’ve adapted the sentence basicallly it doesn’t suffice to make the background white but you really need to remove the background (best to read up on this here: https://help.spreadshop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010420580-Optimizing-Pixel-Graphics-for-Print under Removal of unwanted backgrounds)

I don’t understand. The statement I quote specifically says

don’t just make them “invisible” by making the background white or transparent

but the link you provided explicitly says to remove the background by making it transparent:

Backgrounds must be transparent

So which is it?

As explained, there was a mistake in the blogpost. I also corrected the statement above :slight_smile:
This is correct:

(best to read up on this here: https://help.spreadshop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010420580-Optimizing-Pixel-Graphics-for-Print under Removal of unwanted backgrounds)
The background must be transparent :slight_smile:

Ah, OK. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.