Print Quality

I create designs of places I’ve traveled to using my photos. I print them for myself and share the designs with friends. I don’t expect a photograph on a T-shirt to look like a print, but I’ve ordered my designs before and I thought I had a good idea of what to expect.

I recently created some new designs. My wife ordered them, some for herself and some as presents. We were disappointed with the quality. A lot more of the background bled through, causing the colors to look faded.

Here is a T-shirt that’s over a year old and has been through the wash many times:

It looks pretty good. The whites are almost solid white. It’s printed on black fabric and relatively little of the black creeps through.

Here’s one of the new designs:

This has never been washed. It is also printed on black, and you can see how much more of the black has bled through.

We have enough older products that we can compare both corresponding products/colors of old and new. The old ones are good; the new ones are not.

I’ll upload one more sample, although I found it difficult to really capture the differences (which are clear in real life):

The top row are my three new designs. The bottom row (left two) are older prints. The strips alternate the original artwork with the photographed design. On the far right, bottom, row, I tried to magnify the different bleed-through in new vs. old—I don’t think I really captured this; it’s better to look at the two captures above.

We know she can get replacements (but what’s the point?) or store credit (same thing). The real problem is that, if this is the quality we can expect, I should probably shut down the store and invest my time elsewhere.

Is there any way to determine if this is “just the way it is” or if the presses were having a bad day or whatever? Could this be due to changes in manufacturing due to Covid?

Can you let me know your order ID so I can havea look? Thanks.

Thanks, Lena,

The order number is 11409063-11742584.

Ok, I talked to an expert. This can definitely be printed in a better quality. I’m not sure what happened here. I’ll talk to my colleague in customer service.

Thanks so much, Lena.

Ok so we also check with our design team to see if it will print better and then generally provide options to reproduce, refund, etc. In this case, yes we can print better than this. Our team is working on improving these cases, the photos and orders are used by the production teams to help with improvements and we are looking into more uniform and better print results across our different printers and facilities. So please know that you can expect a better overall quality for these designs and (if you haven’t done so) please do get in touch with help@spreadshop.com

Thanks again, Lena.

I’ll forward the info to my wife and have her contact help@spreadshirt.com to arrange for a replacement order.

If there’s a problem with the replacement, I’ll let you know. I won’t mark anything as a “solution” until I’ve seen the replacements.

Yes, can I give you a hint though? I would suggest it would be best to only get in touch (if this isn’t time critical) after the holidays. We currently have a lot of temporary employees and this sometimes affects the quality even if it shouldn’t. After the holidays we are back with the core team and the training and experience is more extensive. Please do let me know if there are issues. Or even better please do let me know once the exchange has been made!

1 Like

The return policy is 30 days, so I don’t think she can wait until January. I realize she could ask for store credit and then re-order in January, but she would then lose the 25% discount she obtained on Black Friday.

The leaves one option: re-order near the end of the 30 days (end of December). If the products are OK, fine; if not, re-order again. say mid-January when the core team is back in place. This seems potentially wasteful.

I did write to help@spreadshop.com and pointed them to this thread. Maybe they’ll see all this today and extend the re-order time.

In this case you can extend the 30 days return policy! You have my word.

Hi, Lena,

I am disappointed with your customer support.

I am the store owner, but with my wife as the customer, I can see how the service team is treating my customers. She’s emailed twice and called twice. Each time, she has pointed to this thread and said that all the information needed, including photos, is here. Each time, she’s been asked to send the information. Let me break it down:

• She first wrote last week, requesting a replacement order and referencing this thread. She received a boilerplate reply, requesting details.
  • On Friday, she called and talked to someone named Sara. Sara asked her to send the info again and that she would hop right on it.
  • Not having heard from Sara by Monday, she called again. I’m not sure what happened except that perhaps the person was going to check with Sara.
  • Today, she received this reply to her email to Sara:

Thank you for your email.

We would be more than happy to assist you. Could you please provide us further details in regards to what was wrong with your order?

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Lori
Customer Service

P.S. Was the answer of any help for you? Please provide your feedback here and receive a 5% coupon for a future purchase!

Spreadshirt - The world’s creative apparel platform!

Toll Free: 1-800-381-0815
Australia: +03 8362 1059
Fax: 1-877-202-0251
Are you a Spreadshirt shop owner? Visit our Shop Owner Help section!

> Hi, Sara (Sarah)!
>
>
>
>
>
> Here’s the link:
>
> Print Quality (Forum - Spreadshop)
>
> Thank you so much!

The answer to Lori’s question is in the email she quotes at the end. All Lori needed to do was to read four lines and click on the link. Then Lori would have reached this post and had all her questions answered. Instead, Lori chose to request the info once more.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Early on, I had the same experience with help@spreadshop.com. I wrote, pointing to this thread for the full details and they replied requesting the details.

Is there some sort of robot that intercepts emails looking for keywords and attachments and sends a boilerplate response if it doesn’t find what it’s looking for or are your people really not bothering to actually read the emails? Is clicking on a link against company policy even when it points to your own forum?

How do we resolve this? Should I take a screenshot of this entire thread and have my wife attach it to an email? At this point, I’m not sure that my wife wouldn’t get a robot reply!

Oops! I forgot to do a “reply” to one of your posts. I suspect you don’t get notified of new posts otherwise. See the post just above.

Hi @freixas, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you had. And on top of that you hear it from another person not known to you… I am taking on Lenas tasks since she is switching departments here at spreadshop.
I talked to my colleagues in Customer Service and the reason for the trouble was the aftermath of the Christmas season. We have lots of new colleagues since end of the year (such as myself) and we are still getting them up to speed. Be assured that Lori and the other colleagues will get back to you or rather your wive and we will solve the issue together.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Britta, happy to see you here and I appreciate your response.

There are two problems that need to be addressed:

• The way you train new employees to respond to customer emails.
  • Specifically, my wife’s replacement order.

You will not do well as a company if your employees can’t, for whatever reason, take the the time to read and comprehend the emails sent to them.

You cannot blame Christmas or new employees. This is a failure of the company and the procedures you have in place to handle busy seasons and new employees. Until the company accepts responsibility and tackles the problem, you, Britta, may have a future in the apologies business. :slight_smile:

Moving on, I asked my wife if she had received any messages from Spreadshirt and she said she had not as of 1/20/21 11:19 AM PST. Could you please let me know when we can expect to see something?

Finally, I have had excellent responses from Lena on this forum, so I tend to come here with problems rather than writing to the email addresses. You have big shoes to fill!

Hi @freixas, that is true, I have to fill big shoes. I’ll try my best, be assured! :slight_smile:
Actually I didn’t mean to justify the mistakes that happened, I just wanted to explain to you why they did occur. Anyway: We take care of the reproduction of your products and upgrade the shipping. My customer service colleagues are going to send your wife an E-Mail today with the details. You can expect it today or tomorrow at the latest. Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Thanks. She received the email. I’ll let you know how the shirts look. I appreciate your help.

Ok, shirts arrived. The print quality was fine. Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.