Quick question about white background

If I have a design with part of it as white in the background (for example a logo with black silhoutte on white background) but the overall design itself is on a transparent background, will the white “print” on a white garment or will the white colour be ignored when printing on a white garment?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question!

It won’t be ignored and printed on the product.

Ah - so white will be printed on white?

Yes, the same way as black will be printed on black. It is therefore really important to make those parts that you want transparent as transparent :slight_smile:

Ok - thanks @Lena_Spreadshop - I’ve now got a new question after adjusting my design - I use Spreadshirt to quickly preview what a design will look like on an actual product - I selected the “womans breathable tank top” and got an error message saying “this design cannot be printed on this product” - so I went ahead an uploaded it into my actual spreadshop and I don’t get any error when selecting the same product for the design to be printed on - does Spreadshirt and Spreadshop use different printing techniques?

Can you pass me the Design ID of that specific design? Thanks!

Hi @Lena_Spreadshop - design id 181921958 - I hadn’t activated it as I wasn’t sure why I got the error on the Spreadshirt side - but I’ve just activated it now in order to get the design ID - curious as to why Spreadhirt couldn’t print it on breathable top while Spreadshop can?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.