Request for help with "Teaser" image size issue

Hi @Lena_Spreadshop - please could you help me with a Teaser image size issue I have on shop ID’s

100548320 & 100942047

I have uploaded a Teaser image of 1400x400 px but the sides of image gets cropped.

I’ve tried uploading images of different ratios and every time the images are cropped - I think it’s by the Spreadshop Theme (as opposed to my own Wordpress Theme) that I am using. I’m keen to keep this theme as it provides the layout options that I want the most.

Could you perhaps take a look for me and see if any custom CSS might solve the problem and prevent the Taser image from being cropped or perhaps advise the best dimensions for me to use for the header image so that the entire image is displayed?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrew

1 Like

Have you read our Help Page:

Depending on the theme you choose, you need to upload a different teaser image size.

Hi Lena - many thanks for this - I’ve just uploaded the correct image size for the theme I’m using (1400x500 for Impulse Theme) and even with today’s Partner update which provides a cropping tool in the interface, the image does NOT appear in full. I used the crop tool to expand the area to include the entire image I uploaded at the correct dimensions but still, the left and right hand side of my uploaded image has been cut off by the theme.

Any suggestions?

Since you have two shops I have to ask. Which one is this about?

I’ve actually got 4 shops but this relates to Both of the 2 shop ID’s 100548320 & 100942047 as they both use the same theme and I’ve uploaded the same Teaser image to both - one is USA and the other UK

Hey,you can resize the image by pulling the corner

As indicated in my original post - I’ve already done that but the Theme (Spreadshop’s theme, not my Wordpress Theme) ignores my crop and crops the image further down by cutting off approx 20% on each side.

@Thomas_Spreadshop - do you have any suggestions on this one?

I have forwarded this question to our developers. Will let you know as soon as I receive an update :slight_smile:

Ok, so do not incarcerate the shop in a max-width: 1080px; container. Shop needs 1400px to “breathe”. It works fine when it’s a stand-alone shop. Therefore you need to adapt your implementation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhhh - ok - thanks for the solution @Lena_Spreadshop - I’ll have to go through and recreate all of my site header and blog assets before applying the 1400px width - but at least I now know why it’s doing that!!

Many thanks once again for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.