Social Commerce: Take your New Spreadshop Domain to New Heights

Original Blog Post: Social Commerce: Take your New Spreadshop Domain to New Heights - The Spreadshop Blog

You’ve been asking for an easier verification of your Shop on Facebook, Google and Pinterest for a while. And it’s happening! We’ve optimized the structure of your Spreadshop domain and made it future-proof. You can now sell and advertise products even more effectively on your social networks.

Why does my Shop need a new domain structure?

With the old domain structure, the URL for your Shop looked like this:

https://shop.spreadshirt.xyz/SHOPNAME

For the past few weeks, social networks like Facebook and Pinterest allowed only subdomain structures to be embedded on their platforms. We’ve fixed this for you by fronting your shop name so it will become a subdomain. You can use the link as follows:

www.SHOPNAME.myspreadshop.xyz

The same principle also applies to your checkout area. The URL now looks like this:

SHOPNAME.myspreadshop.xyz/checkout

The benefits for you and your customers are massive, and you will enjoy this change for years to come!

Why social commerce is a no-brainer

The changeover to the new domain structure ensures that you can continue to sell Spreadshop products via Google, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest in the future. The verification process has been standardized and made more secure. Social commerce is now easy! You can just upload your product feed, advertise, and sell your products. Let’s go!

How can I get started?

In the transition phase, both the old and the new URL for your Shop will work alongside one another. If someone tries to use the old URL, they will be redirected accordingly.

You can already start adjusting all links to your Shop, everywhere you use them. Here are a few examples:

• In your social media bios (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Soundcloud, etc.)
  • In all future social media posts
  • On your flyers, websites, email signatures, etc..
  • The links that integrate your Shop with your website

You can find more information on how to verify your Shop directly on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or via the Google Merchant Center. After that, it’s best to start creating new social and Google Ads right away to boost sales in your Shop.

If you have any questions or comments about the new Spreadshop domain, please leave us a comment or visit the forum.

Hi there, I’m following steps to verify my domain on Facebook using the new url. I’m trying to add the meta tag Facebook business manager provides in the header html section of my shop. After clicking verify domain on FB business manager it’s not working. How can I get the meta tag into the head section of the website to verify the domain?

Hi, actually I cannot understand what is my subdomain? My shop URL is https://shop.spreadshirt.com/unique-deal99/all. Now my big question is can I use this link as follows
www.unique-deal99.myspreadshop.com. But this site cannot enter into any browser. How can get my perfect Url? Can I get any notifications in my Email inbox?

Same problem here, I cant verify my shop using the facebook meta tag.

Hey @hembramfilimon258,
when you enter https://unique-deal99.myspreadshop.com/ you should reach the right site. :slight_smile: Just kick the www.
In the meantime you can also use your old Shop-ID.

Hi @lcosnys

You can add the meta tag through the shop admin area. Login to your shop admin and go to > Shop Settings > Marketing > Facebook & Instagram

You can input your tag there.

Please note, you don’t need to insert the whole code snippet, just the long code itself

I finally got the domain verified! Thank you :slight_smile:

Will this work for instagram shopping?

Hi, I’m trying to verify my domain on Facebook Bussiness Manager but everytime I copy and paste the meta tag to the meta tag section inside of Marketing > Facebook & Instagram > Meta Tag , It tells me “Please, check your data” like there is something wrong with the meta tag or my site idk. What can I do?

Thank you for your time and everything :yellow_heart:

I just verified my domain. Thanks to what @SyeSpreashop said. Thank you very much. I was putting the whole thing facebook gave me. I didn’t know I had to put just a part of it. Thank you :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hi @daniimedinac

You don’t need to insert the whole code snippet provided. Just copy out the long code from the snippet and past that in to your partner area meta box. We automatically add the code to the HTML, so just need your specific code number added

I would like to claim my site on Pinterest but every time I add the meta tag from Pinterest to the Shop Header HTML section in my shop, it disappears and won’t verify. Can someone please help me with this?

How does this update impact those of us that have already embedded our shops into our own domains? I use the official Wordpress plugin for my EU store AND I use the javascript method to embed my USA store on my own website. I’ve also already successfully enabled both Facebook and Instagram shopping (still unable to enable Pinterest for some reason) a long time ago - do I need to change anything at all?

Hi @Britta_Spreadshop - please could you respond to my question regarding Spreadshops embedded into our own websites - will we need to change anything or will we be able to continue as we are?

Many thanks

Hey @plzLOOK, sorry for the late response! The Wordpress Plugin just got an update and you don’t have to do anything here. :slight_smile:

Hi @Britta_Spreadshop - thanks for responding regarding the Wordpress plugin - as stated in my original post, as I run BOTH platforms on my site (EU and USA) I’m only able to use the plugin to manage ONE of those (the EU shop) and I used the javascript method for the USA shop - will I need to make any changes to the script as that still uses the old base URL of prefix: ‘https://shop.spreadshirt.com’ - or will this continue to work?

Many thanks

Andrew

Hi @plzLOOK

Ideally you would update the URL in your javascrip so that it uses the new URL. Our advice is to update the URL in every implementation you use it for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.