November and December are the busiest months for e-commerce. Hit your Shop’s top sale records and earn some extra jingle! Get your Shop ready for the rush with these 5 tips.
In the run-up to Christmas, customers are on the lookout for gifts for their family and friends. Especially during Cyber Week, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, people go crazy for bargain hunting. It’s the perfect moment to earn extra money with your Shop.
However, the web is full of tempting offers for your customers and you’ll only stand out from the crowd with a sophisticated marketing strategy. Make the most from your Shop with these 5 Christmas business tips.
1. Make a marketing plan from now through New Year’s Day
Cyber Weekend, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are obviously important days to plan for, but you can hook customers with attractive offers and new ideas throughout the festive season. Here are some dates to put in your marketing calendar:
- November 28th: Thanksgiving (USA)
- November 29th: Black Friday
- December 1st: 1st Advent
- December 2nd: Cyber Monday
- December 22nd-30th: Hanukkah
- December 24th: Christmas Eve
- December 25th: Christmas Day
- December 26th: Boxing Day (UK)
- December 31st: New Year’s Eve
Especially for Christmas, but also for Hanukkah or the New Year: Before you plan your promotions and marketing campaigns, you should have a look at our order deadlines. Give your customers plenty of warning of the order deadlines so that they receive their packages in time for the holiday. On Black Friday and Cyber Monday, on the other hand, customers are just looking for mega discounts – which we provide!
2. Schedule these promotions
The most important upcoming promotions are:
- 20% off everything for 4 days (November 13th-16th)
- 15% off everything on Black Friday (November 29th – December 1st)
- 15% off everything + free shipping on Cyber Monday (December 2nd)
Depending on our production capacities, there may be another promotion in the second week of December – we will keep you posted.
3. Choose the right products
Think about which products are suitable for which occasion. Do you want to sell bestsellers or focus on other products?
For Christmas, we recommend these seasonal trend products:
4. Decorate your Shop
Get festive with holiday-themed social media posts, blog articles or videos – ideally all posts should link to your Shop. Decorate your Spreadshop for Christmas to get customers in the gift-buying mood.
3 ways to decorate:
- Activate your home page and the various elements of your home page. You can also use the Christmas teaser we’ve created for you.
- Have you already activated your “About me” page? If not, you can do it now or customize your existing text and image for Christmas.
- Create themes for Christmas and sort them so that you can see the most important ones at the top. To find out how to create and organize themes, click here.
5. Create social media posts and graphics
Before the Christmas business really gets going, you should plan your marketing as far ahead as possible. The better prepared you are, the more you can concentrate on implementing your marketing plan.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, you should invest some time and energy in special graphics for your marketing. People remember 80% of what they see and only 20% of what they read. Create a visual palette for social media posts, blog headers, and teaser images in your Shop and advertising. This will make your Shop brand more recognizable. You don’t have to shoot the photos yourself or create graphics from scratch. In our Toolbox you will find various tools and platforms that make beautiful graphics easy.
The most important platforms for Shop marketing are:
Keep in mind that each social media channel appeals to a different audience and that different topics are also trendy there. For example, Twitter is more of a platform where current topics are discussed. Pinterest, on the other hand, is a visual platform. Your customers use it primarily for lifestyle inspiration. What’s on Twitter at the moment can hardly be a topic at Pinterest and vice versa.
If you want to find out which content works well on which platform: Watch your audience. When do you have the greatest visibility? Which content is often shared and liked?
Pro tip: Even if it is important to spread your content – don’t try to serve all platforms at the same time! It is better to choose the most successful platform for you and concentrate completely on it.
Ready for the Christmas rush?
If you plan and prepare now, you’ll have less stress over the holidays: just put your feet up and watch sales roll in as you sip your hot cocoa with marshmallows. November and December could be the months when you earn a little extra jingle from our success bonus! No time to waste—start getting your Shop ready today!