How does backoffice looks like from a wordpress + spreadshop plugin store?

Hi,

I’m considering a online store with the spreadshop plugin + wordpress.

I was wondering how the backoffice looks like? Especially the order overview.

• Will I see name, address, e-mail of my customer?
  • Will I see order history from customers?

Could someone help me with this?

Best Regards,
Rio

There is no “back office” - your agreement with Spreadshirt is that you provide non-exclusive rights to your designs for Spreadshirt to sell them on their products and they pay you a “royalty” payment - the customer and customer details belong to them - which is completely different to a Shopify approach where you get the customer details.

I personally prefer this approach as:-
a) I don’t have to be GDPR compliant as I’m never holding customer details and
b) Spreadshirt takes care of all customer interactions, including handling complaints or returns

Hope this helps

And yes, I am referring to an “embedded shop” approach - the agreement is still the same - even though it’s “your” branded shop on your domain in your website, under the agreement it’s still “their” products that you have licensed your designs on.

1 Like

Yes, you will see order history (what the orderd when from where (not the exact address but down to the zip code).

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. I thought/wished that the plugin + wordpress would have more benefits. Seems not. Only showing own domain would be a plus.

It would be nice to let people at least subscribe to a newsletter at my standard Spreadshop. Email marketing is quite powerful.

Anyways, thanks.

Regards,
Rio

1 Like

Hi,

One more question. How will the url looks like with the plugin?

www.myshop/category

or still

www.spreadshirt.de/myshop/category??

Regards,
Rio

You are absolutely right. You can add such feature to your Wordpress blog though. This feature is also in our backlog but for now there are some more important updates in the pipeline (such as notifications in the partner area, new products such as stickers, etc.) :slight_smile:

Most likely like that. But it depends on your settings.

Thnx. Would you know which option succesful store owners choose most?

Wp Plugin or native spreadshirt?

Regards
Rio

You mean a stand-alone shop instead or a shop embedded in a own CMS such as Wordpress? Then I’d say the second one, although it totally depends what you are trying to achieve. If your customers mainly come from say Youtube, Instagram or Facebook then a stand-alone shop is perfectly fine. If you are heavily relying on SEO then we recommend embedding your shop into a CMS such as Wordpress and using the plugin.

Hi Lena. Thnx. I’ll start with the stand-alone than. I think less maintenance. If SPOD was like spreadshop taking over de the customer service we would have choose for SPOD with Shopify. Now we are using other POD company for this. Many thnx.

You’re welcome. Yeah using the stand-alone shop also allows you to use the full potential of several top level domains and languages :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.