Rejection of designs via Poor Quality and rights

Hi Everyone hope your stay safe and well

In the Europe shop all my designs go through with more or less no problems at all .

USA Platform oh dear… rejected for poor Quality and it happens time after time even though its been cleared in the UK & its saved in PNG 300DPI and it happens on a lot of designs…

Right unaccounted for… all cleared ok for Europe market place and shops but not USA even though i have placed my copyright written into the metadata of the image. and it still got rejected.

You keep saying email legal email designs … its so time consuming and costing me design time… when they have already been legally and design wise cleared.;

please on handed knees here if its been already cleared, can we have a feature where its auto added to the .com USA platform…
I have had several zoom chats with spreadshirt members and there all saying the same thing, many have now given up even trying to upload to the USA site out of sheer frustration.

feature:
once cleared any designs we have can be auto placed onto the USA platform the sheer volume of time it would save and grief and hustle… surly there must be a way that the account holder can place in USA account details after clearance for being placed into the .com site.

i have so much work to do now, due to your platform upgrade which wiped out all but one of my shops and years of uploaded designs. (no joke)

wishes you all the very best and a speedy reply.
Tim
Dizzy Designs

1 Like

I have the same problems with my art prints… europe no problem…but NA… they get rejected all the time… then I have to write a mail… very annoying