You have questions and we have answers! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions among shop owners with information, tips and answers to follow.
What are the benefits of being a shop owner?
Becoming a shop owner with Spreadshirt is more than just a second source of income, it gives you the opportunity to call the shots and to be your own boss. Whether you have your own business or you’re looking to start one, you’re not going to have time for production, fulfillment and shipping. Our shop system is built around the needs of self-starters and go-getters. We take the hassle out of merchandising, so you can focus on what’s important for your brand. This is what we can do for you:
- 100% Free shop system
- No minimums
- No inventory purchasing or storing
- Free production and fulfillment
- We’ll take care of the shipping
- Shipping worldwide
- Highest commission opportunities in the industry
- Easy, customizable storefront to match your brand
- Over 150 customizable products
- State-of-the-art printing and production
- Easy integration to your own personal website
If you haven’t opened a shop yet, see for yourself, it’s merchandising made easy!
How do I start making sales?
Promote, promote, promote. Sales won’t just come on their own. Your audience needs to be educated about your brand before they purchase anything from it. Between social media, blogging, SEO and Facebook ads, there are countless marketing opportunities for your shop. To help kickstart your promotional efforts, use the tips and tutorials section of our blog for marketing hacks and more!
How does the commission model work?
Since you’re the creator, we want you to get the most out of your shop. That’s why we offer the highest commission opportunities in the industry. In order to receive the biggest return possible, this is what you need to know about our commission structure.
Affiliate commission is automatic. With every sale made, 20% of that sale is yours to keep! Everybody has the option to disable affiliate commission as well.
As a shop owner, you’re the brains behind the business and your efforts will be rewarded. To help boost your commission rate, we’ve implemented a volume program. With just 26+ products sold in a one-month period, you will receive additional commission on top of your 20% affiliate commission. With enough products sold, you have the opportunity to make an additional 40%! That’s 60% commission total! To learn more about the volume breakdown, reference our volume chart!
Since you’re taking the time to create amazing designs, then you know how much they’re worth. That’s why we want you give your the freedom to set your own design price. Plus, you get to keep 100% of the profits!
Between the affiliate commission, volume commission and your design price, there’s a lot of money to be made through the Spreadshirt shop system.
What type of designs aren’t allowed?
Here are Spreadshirt, we encourage creativity and originality. However, with creative freedom, there are a couple design guidelines to keep in mind.
- Logos of sports teams, schools and universities, organizations, clubs, movies, books, games and bands.
- Pictures or artwork of sports teams, schools and universities, organizations, clubs, movies, books, games and bands.
- Characters from movies, books, comics and television shows.
- Viral Content such a memes and YouTube videos.
- Images found on search engines or any other image that is not listed for commercial use.
- Trademark companies and their logos, names and content.
- Celebrities exploited in any way, even if you created original content.
Good to go:
- Royalty free, commercial use images
- Images from the public domain
- Your own original designs
We know, sometimes copyright guidelines seem limiting. Don’t look at them as a limit, look at them as an opportunity to use your imagination. If you design something that’s your very own original work, then those sales are going to feel more rewarding.
How can I integrate my shop into my website?
- Login and click “shops”
- Click “edit” under the designated shop
- Click “advanced settings” then “embed shop in website”
Will there ever be discounts for the products in my shop?
We offer various monthly promotions for shop owners. You can find these discount codes on your dashboard in the partner area under the promotional calendar. Utilize these special offers by simply promoting them through social media. Let’s be real, who doesn’t love a discount?
We hope this helped answer any questions you may have! Happy creating!
Are you a social influencer? Want to make money with your creativity? Monetize on your designs by opening a 100% FREE online shop today!