Thanks for making 2019 a great year at Spreadshop! It was a very productive year full of exciting releases for your Shop. Find out which cool new features you might have missed in this roundup.
As a Shop Owner, you are at the center of the Spreadshop universe. Your talent, creativity and important feedback are the backbone of our business. We’d like to say a huge “thank you” to each and every Shop Owner on Spreadshop. You’re awesome!
From start to finish, 2019 was a year full of impressive Shop of the Month features. In case you missed them, now’s a good time to take a look and learn some best practices from these successful Shop Owners.
The last year of the decade was a busy one here at Spreadshop. In fact, so many exciting things happened that you’re bound to have missed a few along the way. You’re bound to find some helpful tidbits in this quick 2019 recap.
The Year in Numbers
For the number nerds among you, 2019 can be summed up in the following figures:
- 24 shop promotions
- 39 new products on the European platforms
- 31 new products on the North American platform
- 6% more Shop Owners in 2019 than 2018
- 3 top-selling countries: USA, Germany, and France
Seasonal Release Recap
Here’s a roundup of our most exciting developments, releases and news from 2019. In case you were living under a rock, this is an easy way to find out about all the cool new features we released for your Shop.
- You scored lots of new features for your Shop over the winter! Since February, you can:
- From March through September, we were hard at work upgrading all our Shop Owners to the new Partner Area. This was one of our biggest projects ever! Thank you for moving over to the new system—we hope you love it as much as we do.
- We unveiled the Spreadshop Toolbox, which is a living collection of helpful tools to make running your Shop easier and more profitable. Have you found a tool you love that you’d like us to feature in the Toolbox? Let us know!
Our most exciting summer releases of 2019:
- We introduced the Selling Guide, where you can find helpful courses for any experience level. Learn how to work smarter, market better, and increase your sales in the Selling Guide.
- Shop themes allow you to change the look of your Shop with a simple click
- Sorting by topics is a feature which allows your customers to find your designs more quickly in the Create Tool.
- Our own blog!
- Our own homepage!
- Our own social media! Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter if you haven’t done so already.
How do all these developments and new releases happen? Well, Spreadshirt is a tech company. We shared some insights to give you a behind-the-scenes look at how we improve your Shop experience.
We released some handy new features for your Shop:
- a Pinterest Pixel for order tracking
- a Drupal Plugin that allows you to integrate your Shop into your CMS in just a few clicks.
- a shiny new app for you to check your sales stats and manage your Shop on-the-go.
- a new display feature for your Shop: you can now choose a main design to feature on any product
- improvements to our WordPress Plugin based on your feedback
In September 2019, Spreadshop partnered with the world’s largest book fair— Frankfurt Book Fair—to sponsor the Create Your Revolution This inspiring initiative gives a platform to political and social justice activists. Spreadshop can help activists spread their message through online merch shops.
We invested millions in new top-of-the-line printers to improve the print quality and production speed of your products. Ever wonder how we choose new products to add to our assortment? We gave you a behind-the-scenes look in this blog post. Last but not least, we made a new home for the Spreadshop Forum—your place to connect with other Shop Owners. We hope this trip down memory lane helps you prepare your Spreadshop for 2020.
Thanks again for being such an important part of Spreadshop. We hope you have an excellent start to 2020.
Which releases did you find the most helpful in 2019? What do you want to see in 2020? Let’s start the new decade off right!